Airbrush GLOW and GO
Create a flawless complexion quickly and easily with this professional airbrush makeup kit featuring an award-winning, cordless, reusable, top-feed Airpod Pro.VIEW ON AMAZON
What is airbrush makeup? What do a $445 billion dollar industry and your daily routine have in common? If you answered “makeup,” you’re correct. These are our best airbrush makeup tips. Ever find yourself standing in the cosmetics aisle? Sometimes, it can make your head spin. It might seem like a daunting task trying to find your perfect match with so many products out there. Speaking of a perfect match… Foundation is a key component in makeup application. It evens out your skin tone and conceals imperfections in your complexion. Using an airbrush makeup kit is one way to apply foundation to create flawless, natural look. But maybe for you, airbrush makeup is uncharted territory. Don’t have major FOMO by sleeping on this technique. Read on to shake up your makeup routine, and you’ll become a total pro at applying airbrush makeup!
1. Know your airbrush makeup machineAirbrush machines come in a variety of ways, including
- Automatic, which means you don’t pull a trigger to control the airflow
- Double action, where the more you pull the trigger, more foundation flows out
- Single action, where a trigger does control the airflow
2. Find your foundationNow that you know your machine, you need to find the correct foundation to use with it. Ever thought you found the perfect shade of foundation only to discover it betrayed you later? To avoid any mishaps, try out different shades in different types of lighting. Your “peach” shouldn’t be “tangerine” in disguise.
3. Practice makes perfectIf this is your first time airbrushing, you might be a little intimidated. Certain parts affect each other, like the compressor in relation to the trigger mechanism. To get a feel for it, test it out without the foundation. There are 2 major benefits to practicing without foundation first. One is that you’ll get a feel for the air pressure without wasting any foundation. The other benefit is that you can gauge how far away from your face you need to be when you finally do apply foundation. Knowing how to use your airbrush makeup system is valuable. Practice using a circular motion. This is crucial (more on that later.) You don’t want to be too close, or else you’ll apply too much makeup in one area. This can result in a globby, caked-on look. You don’t want to be too far or else you won’t get any coverage at all. The sweet spot is about 6 inches away from your face.
4. Get a clean startClean skin is not only healthy, it’s also helpful. A clean face will allow the airbrush makeup to do its job by adhering properly and evenly. Using moisturizer is another way to create the best blank canvas for makeup. Moisturizing reduces dry or oily skin, which will affect the foundation in a negative way.
5. Look before you leapA lot of compressors allow you to change the airflow pressure. When you practice, pull lightly on the trigger and adjust the setting to get an idea on how much makeup will get pushed through. You can even use water on a piece of paper for a visual idea. Ideally, you will want enough pressure to apply a coat that’s even and thin. Once you’ve got the hang of working the adjustments, you’ll know exactly what to tweak and when to tweak it depending on the desired effect you’re going for.
6. Remove air bubbles in foundationIf you’ve ever sipped through a straw, you know about the dreaded air bubbles. Your glass is totally full, but nothing passes through the straw because it’s clogged with air. The same thing can happen to your foundation. If your foundation has bubbles, this will cause the machine to dispense unevenly. Instead of a continuous stream, you could end up with spurts, which means the coverage will be blotchy. To prevent this, simply shake your foundation to pop any lurking bubbles.
Aeroblend Airbrush Foundation Mini Set